Thursday, November 02, 2006

Standing vigil...

lighting a candle for your loved ones at their time of leaving us behind...my experience at this was remote since it happened to me so many years ago; 12 years to be exact. i have not let these memories resurfaced until now. but for me it was not a premeditated thing since it happened quite sudden without a warning and he left just like that!

this memory must be evoked by at least four predisposing news of illnesses, one - my own mum who has gone for the worse again, second - my brother in law with his acute myocardial infarct, third - Pam Mc Evoy's mother in Sydney whom i heard is dying and fourth - Mireille's brother in Geneva who had a recurrence of lymphoma again.

i hope they will all turn for the better because standing vigil is unpleasant for the loved ones. we never know what to expect and the best to tackle this is; to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst...

No comments: